Saturday, September 19, 2009

Australia Zoo!

Hey everyone!

Had a really good day today! We travelled an hour and a half north of Brisbane on the train to 'Australia Zoo' otherwise known as the 'Steve Irwin Nature Reserve'. It must be one of the best, if not the best, zoo I have ever been to! We got to the train station and there was a complimentary bus to take us up to the zoo and everyone was really helpful and friendly.

When we got into the zoo we were first confronted with a realy nice statue of the Irwin family, in tribute to the amazing late Steve Irwin, 'the crocodile hunter'! I couldn't quite believe that it has been three years since his death!

We walked around the whole of the zoo in the day - it is very much an up close and personal zoo with low fences etc. We walked through a field of kangaroos which you could feed and I also fed the elephants twice! There was also lots of Koalas - one of which I had my picture taken with! The park is pretty big, 95 acres but is soon to expand to over 300 acres! I think the best way to show you what it was like is for you to see my pictures on facebook, I will be uploading them on my return to Singapore.

I think one of the highlights of the day has to be the show in the 'Crocosseum'! Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin came into the arena and talked for a bit and then one of the other keepers and Terri ran around with meat and jumping in the water with the croc which was really good! However, I was kind of thinking how much more amazing it would have been with Steve Irwin doing the show! The park is full of Steve Irwin posters and videos etc so he will forever there in the park which is really good!

Anyway - I will leave you again for today!

Speak soon - hope you are all well!

1 comment:

  1. omg!!! you fed an elephant :( arsehoooole :P im jelous and so is dave:P
    it sounds so wkd i wanna goooo

    ReplyDelete