Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brisbane Day 5!

Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well!

I have been whale watching today just off Moreton Island! It was amazing! I got a courtesy bus from the centre of Brisbane out to the boat about half hour away and then we boarded for morning tea and cake! We then travelled out to sea for about an hour and then we saw the whales! It really was good! Pictures are pretty poor though since you can't exactly to tell them to pose in certain positions when you want them to - so when they do you are not prepared, but I got a few! We then had a buffet lunch - beef, chicken legs, salad etc. contrast to what I have had in Singapore! While we were eating the whales were rolling over etc out of the windows :)

Then we headed around Moreton Island for a viewing of the wrecks that have been put there as an artifical reef! We saw a few turles around there! Looks like a very nice beach out there and you can also snorkel the wrecks if you want to!

When I got back to Brisbane I just took a walk along the south bank to have an ice cream which was nice and refreshing after the day! However, even though I had used factor 50 sun lotion I soon found I have caught the sun a little today - I'm guessing it won't turn into a tan!

We are off to 'Surfers' Paradise' Beach tomorrow on the Gold Coast, so will let you know how that is tomorrow!

Anyway - I have to be up at 6.45am to get the bus and was on the water for 5hrs so pretty tiring - will probs just have a lazy evening now!

Speak to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Gra

    this sounds so amazing! :) i got your text, missing you so much! hangover is cured with relentless! :D makes me like it even more! haha
    love you so much

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete